In this web site, this process works for uploading and embedding audio files with player controls:
Prepare the file and upload an audio file
- Save audio file as .mp3. If that isn’t an option, save it as .m4a.
- To convert an .m4a file to .mp3, open it in iTunes and add it to a Playlist.
- Export the playlist to .mp4 (or .mp3 if it’ll let you).
- In the Finder → File list, change the file extension from .mp4 to .mp3.
- Upload the file into WordPress.
- Do this from the Post or Page you need the audio file to display on, usig the Upload/Insert button.
- Drag and drop the file to the upload screen.
- In the Show screen, fill in the title and caption fields, then click the NONE button for link.
- Click insert into Page (or Post).
- If the player does not show, but a link shows, then in the HTML tab of the editing screen, remove all code from around the http://…address for the file. For example:
- By doing this, the Audio Plugin will provide a control bar when viewed live.
- Upload file to YouTube.
- Click Share->Embed and copy the iframe code.
- Paste code into the HTML tab of your Post or Page
- Either remove or update the width and height values.
- Click UUpdate.